A huge thank you to everybody who attended Ealing Business Forum this month. Also a huge thank you to Richard Palfreeman, CEO of award winning estate agents Northfields, who shared many excellent tips about how to market our businesses effectively. Bellow, I have added the top ten marketing tips that particularly resonated with me.
Here are some comments about the evening from attendees:
“A great event. And a very friendly vibe”
“A useful talk and great people”
“The marketing tips were really good ou acheter cialis pas cher. So was the hot chocolate!”
“Thanks @ContactusEaling for recommending Ealing Business Forum, it’s left me feeling warm n fuzzy. Or is that the organic espresso?”Last night was very enjoyable and informative”
The next event will be held on 3rd June 2014 at 6.30pm, venue and topic details TBC.
Northfields’ Top Marketing Tips
- Talk and listen to your customers regularly. Find out what they like or do not like about your business.
- Involve your customers in your marketing activities, using their thoughts, ideas and experiences.
- Re-brand every four years to keep your image fresh and up to date.
- Ensure that your website is mobile compatible so that it can be viewed and navigated easily on mobile devices and tablets.
- Make sure that your contact telephone number is clear and visible on every page of your website.
- Develop a structured approach to using social media. When using social media, use a ratio of 4:1 for “giving”:promotional messages.
- Use videos to improve website search engine rankings, keeping them to around 45 seconds to maintain viewer interest.
- When using e-mail marketing avoid using “Dear” in the introduction and ensure that there is a great subject line otherwise it is most likely to end up in spam mail.
- The best marketing tool you have are your team.
- Get involved in local community activities and actively participate.